The Scottish Borders offers so many activities from walking, fishing and golfing to events such as festivals, markets and shows to historic homes and visitor attractions, we would be hard pressed to include everything on this site. Instead, we’ve comprised a few of our favourite sites or suggestions for you to peruse at your leisure.
Get Into The Borders. This site shares information on a variety of different events and activities in the Borders. They also have a Facebook page which has a lot of pictures and daily suggestions about things to do https://www.facebook.com/getintotheborders.
Springwood Park Events – Springwood Park in Kelso hosts myriad events through the year including:
- BUAS – The Border Union Agricultural Show http://www.buas.org/show/
- Walking – everything from a short riverside stroll along the Tweed to hiking in The Cheviots
- Cycling (Bike hire from https://borderebikehire.wixsite.com/hire)
- Country and Western Show
- Ram Sales
- Scooter Rally
- Championship Dog Show
- Monthly Antique and Flea Market
- Wedding Fayres
- Beirhope Alpacas Trekking www.beirhope.co.uk
- www.roxburgheshootingschool.co.uk Clay Pigeon Shooting, Archery, Tomahawk Throwing and Air Rifle Shooting
- www.scottishborderssporting.com Deer Stalking, Fly Fishing, Game Shooting, Pigeon Shooting
During the summer months the Border Towns host week long festivals. These begin in June and continue until August. Our local town festival is known as Kelso Civic Week and it takes place in July. There are many sights to see in the town during this week including ‘Ride Outs’, Pipers, Parades and the inauguration of the Kelso Laddie.
If any of these events have sparked your interest and you are looking for a place to stay please get in touch.
*We do advise booking early as we can get very busy.
If you have any questions about anything included on this page or if you have any suggestions, please get in touch with us through our contact page as we would love to hear from you. Similarly if you wish to share your experiences with us, feel free to send us some of your holiday photos of things to do and see in the local area and we will put them on the Inglestone House facebook page.